In a nutshell:
Powder - 9/10
- 'Translucent' so it feels light and subtly does its job as fantastic primer (or post-foundation shine controller)
- Generously sized mirror and plenty of space for applicator pad inside case
- Adorable packaging as expected from Soap & Glory!
Mascara - 7/10
- Great mascara but its voluminosity is a bit exaggerated. I think that it's good value for money at £10 RRP (even better with the Boots deal!) - though I prefer Benefit's 'They're real!', and Rimmel's 'Scandaleyes' comes close too.
- My experience with this mascara is that while it doesn't flake (as promised), it IS pretty messy (whether or not this is my application technique I don't know) and does have a slight tendency to clump lashes rather than define and individualise them.
- May have better luck with Soap & Glory's 'HD' edition of this mascara?
Overall, I would say yes, I would recommend them, especially if they're included in a special offer. They aren't phenomenal products but they're pretty great, plus I think their retro ethos is just marvellous.
Like this post?